I provide tens of thousands of investors per month with research, information, and tools to help them build wealth and reach financial freedom.
Some of my content is aimed at new investors, while the most of my topical articles are aimed at more experienced investors. My research services cater to institutional investors and sophisticated retail investors.
Here are some of my core articles, in various sections:
Building Wealth (Beginner):
- How to Build Wealth Fast: This Chart Shows What it Takes
- How to Increase Your Credit Score to 800 and Above
- Financial Freedom: How to Never Worry About Money Again
- The 5 Most Impactful Tactics to Save Money I’ve Ever Found
- 12 In-Depth Tactics to Seriously Boost Your Energy
Investing Basics (Beginner):
- How to Invest Money Intelligently: Starter’s Guide
- From Dollars to Millions: How to Invest in Stocks
- A Concise Guide to Asset Allocation
- Roth IRAs: How to Optimize Yours for Maximum Potential
- Detailed Guide on Dividend Growth Stocks, and 5 Picks
- How to Survive a Bear Market or Stock Market Crash
- A Comprehensive Guide on International Stocks
- How to Make a Safer High-Yield Portfolio
Investing Strategy (Intermediate):
- Contrarian Investing: What it is and Why it Outperforms
- How to Perform Discounted Cash Flow Analysis
- Selling Put Options: How to Get Paid for Being Patient
- Covered Call Options: How to Maximize Your Investment Income
- Demystifying Emerging Markets: How to Invest Wisely Abroad
- How to Invest in Gold and Silver for Added Diversification
Global Macro Topics (Experienced):
- The Long-term Debt Cycle: A Century of Fiscal and Monetary Policy
- Government Finance: QE, MMT, and Inflation/Deflation
- How Money Printing Works: QE, Fiscal Spending, and Banks
- The Fraying of the Petrodollar System
And to get up-to-date detailed content, join the free newsletter below.
My background lies in the intersection of engineering and finance.
I have a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and a master’s degree in engineering management, with a focus on engineering economics and financial modeling. I used to work as an electrical engineer at an aviation facility, and over the course of a decade I worked my way up from being an intern to being the lead engineer and running the day-to-day operations and finances of the facility, before retiring early at age 33 with financial independence.
Since then, I’ve been a full-time investor and independent analyst. I’ve been performing investment research for over fifteen years in various public and private capacities, and founded Lyn Alden Investment Strategy in 2016. My goal is to provide institutional-level research in plain English, so that both institutional investors and retail investors can benefit from it.
My work has been editorially featured or cited on the Wall Street Journal, Business Insider, Marketwatch, Time’s Money Magazine, The Daily Telegraph, The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Street, CNBC, US News and World Report, Kiplinger, the Asia Times, the Huffington Post, and other media. I’ve appeared on Kitco, Real Vision, The Investor’s Podcast Network, The Rebel Capitalist Show, Macro Voices, The Market Huddle, What Bitcoin Did, and many other shows and podcasts. I’ve also served as an advisor or consultant for start-up companies, hedge funds, and executive committees of large institutions.
This site provides investment research and strategy, covering stocks, precious metals, international equities, and alternative investments. Whether you’re new to investing or experienced, there’s a lot here for you. I analyze advanced topics for institutional investors, and also break many of those topics down for retail investors to keep track of what’s happening in terms of global macro.
In addition to giving you investment tutorials and specific investment ideas, I focus on high-level strategy, including keeping readers up to date on changing market conditions and various asset allocation approaches to capitalize on opportunities. I don’t give personalized investment advice, but I can provide insight and information on investments for my readers.
What I want to do most of all, is give you clear information and analysis.
I take a lot of the chaotic, cluttered, financial noise out there and filter it down into a concise, actionable set of information to help you to make the most informed moves.
That’s what I do for readers of my free newsletter. It comes out approximately every 6 weeks, and tens of thousands of readers love it.